TIGG is an international, bilingual journal covering glycoscience and glycotechnology and issued bimonthly since 1989. Since then editors are elected from academia and companies who agree to participate in a volunteer basis for the duration of four years.
TIGG is an official journal of the Japanese Society of Carbohydrate Research.
The journal covers the following categories.
- MINIREVIEWS describe recent progress in the fields of glycoscience and glycotechnology. Suggestions are always welcome in the form of a one-page synopsis (double spaced) addressed to the editor-in-chief.
- GLYCOTOPICS are short commentaries on the latest papers describing outstanding findings with background.
- GLYCODEBUTS introduce distinguished PhD theses or outstanding works of young scientists over the world in glycosciences and glycotechnologies.
- GLYCOFORUM is for our readers who wish to submit comments on scientific or social matters related to glycoscience and glycotechnology.
- LETTERS TO TIGG are for readers who wish to discuss contributions appearing in TIGG or matters related to FCCA.
Readers are encouraged to contribute to any of the above-mentioned platforms. Manuscripts should be written in English (and in Japanese for authors who are native to Japanese) and sent to to TIGG Editorial Office. Due to limited space, not all manuscripts submitted for publication can be accepted. The editors reserve the right to accept, reject and edit the manuscripts. The accepted article from non-Japanese contributors may be translated to Japanese version. Please ask editorial staff if you are interested.
Member of J-STAGE
TIGG has become a member of J-STAGE (Japan Science and Technology Information Aggregator, Electronic) operated by Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST). J-STAGE set up the hardware and software necessary for electronic journal release within JST.
TIGG can take full advantage of services provided by J-STAGE including searching the journal archive, cross reference services such as PubMed and CrossRef, at low cost.
TIGG has been abstracted in CAS and JST databases. TIGG has been included in Citation Index published by the Thomson Reuters.